Monday, November 1, 2010

If it's Halloween, it must be Saw.

So I'm finally getting around to posting here. It took me long enough...

Anyway, so yesterday was Halloween, and while everyone was out partying and doing exciting things, I was off doing other exciting things! Things like going to the movies!

Okay, so a trip to the movies isn't too exciting, but it's something I like to do anyway. For this trip to the movies I ended up watching Saw 3D. Except it wasn't in 3D. It was in 2D. I wonder if they should have picked a different title for the non-3D showings...Anyway, that doesn't matter.

So, the saw franchise is seven films in, with Saw 3D supposedly being the last installment. I think it has been a long time coming. While Saw and Saw II had interesting premises, by Saw IV, things had gotten stale and predictable. The standard plot had become: people are trapped, people fight for their lives, and a surprise twist ending!

Saw 3D is no different. However, instead of being interesting the traps are tired and predictable. The only thing different about this movie is the ending, which was a nice way to tie things up.

So, would I recommend watching it? It depends. To be honest, when it was announced I wasn't too excited to watch it. The only motivation I had to watch it was the fact that it was the (supposed) finale of the series. Having seen all six prior movies (out of a sense of being a completest), I felt that I had to watch it.

If you're interested in seeing how the series ends (again, supposedly), I guess it's worth checking out. If you just don't care, you can skip it.

(Saw 3D movie poster was provided by IMPAwards.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment